Call For HSA Award Nominations (Aug. 14, 2022)
The Haitian Studies Association is seeking nominations for several 2022 awards. Award recipients will be honored at the 34th Annual HSA Conference in Washington, DC from October 7-9, 2022.
The Awards Committee is accepting nominations for:
- Award for Excellence: This award honors a person or organization for their years of stellar contributions to the scholarship, literature, arts, or culture of Haiti.
- Award for Service: This award recognizes a person or an organization for their years of dedication and service to the Haitian Studies Association, the field of Haitian Studies, or the people of Haiti.
- The Florence Bellande Robertson Award: This award recognizes scholarship in literature or the arts that also combines direct engagement and service to the Haitian people.
Each nomination submission should contain:
- Nomination Letter: This cover letter typically contains information on the nominee’s eligibility for a specific award. It should provide a brief statement on the nominee’s scholarship, history of service to Haitian Studies or/and the advancement of Haiti.
- Nominee Qualifications: This offers additional background information on the nominee. Acceptable attachments can include the nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume OR a 1–2-page biographical statement to highlight the nominee’s educational or professional history, accomplishments, and/or past and current projects and initiatives related to Haiti, Haitian people, and/or Haitian Studies.
The Awards Committee and HSA Board will review the submitted materials. All nominations and materials are kept confidential.
Please send the submission and any questions/comments to Crystal Felima, Ph.D. – HSA Awards Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit nominations is Sunday, August 14, 2022. Awardees will be notified in early September 2022.