The Michel-Rolph Trouillot Fund 2021 (Call for Applications)
Emerging Scholars Event, 2018
The Michel-Rolph Trouillot Fund aims to broaden participation in the Haitian Studies Association among academics, researchers, artists, intellectuals, and professionals who are based in Haiti and who do not have the possibility of traveling to the conference without financial assistance.
Priority will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Lack of other financial resources, which prevents them from participating in the HSA colloquium.
- Their main residence is currently in Haiti.
- Their work goes along with the theme of the HSA conference.
- They are attending the HSA conference for the first time.
- They are interested in a future participation with HSA.
- They submitted an individual or one-session proposal to the HSA.
- Write a personal essay that answers the following questions:
- Who are you? What are your institutional or organizational affiliations?
- How do you plan to participate in the conference? For example, as a member / participant of a session or roundtable? Or as an active member of the audience who has a particular interest in activities or topics discussed during the colloquium?
- How will the conference help you? If you are part of an organization, how will the conference facilitate the initiatives of that organization?
Deadline is August 31, 2021. Click here to apply.